Friday, November 4, 2022

CONERSATIONAL SANSKRIT-14 Dr. Durga Prasada Rao Chilakamarthi

 

CONERSATIONAL SANSKRIT-14

Dr. Durga Prasada Rao Chilakamarthi

dr.cdprao@gmail.com

9897959425.

 

Lesson—14

 

Unit-1 Adjetives relating to the timings.

 

अद्यतन  (adyatana) - श्वस्तन (shvastana ) – ह्यस्तन   (hyastana)  पूर्वतन    (purvatana)  इदानीन्तन  (idaaneentana) अद्यतन the period of a current day.(Of today)—श्वस्तन future (tomorrow’s) ह्यस्तन (of yesterday) पूर्वतन 0lden—इदानीन्तन present, momentary, of the present moment.

 

SOME EXAMPLES:

 

1. एष: अद्यतन: पाठ: =This is today’s lesson.

2. स: ह्यस्तन: पाठ: =That is yesterday’s lesson.

3. एष: श्वस्तन: पाठ: = This is tomorrow’s lesson.

4. एषा अद्यतना पत्रिका =This is today’s magazine.

5.      सा ह्यस्तना पत्रिका = That is yesterday’s magazine.

6.      एषा श्वस्तना पत्रिका = This is tomorrow’s magazine.

7.      एतत्त् गृहं पूर्वतनम्   = This house is of ancient times.

8.   अयं व्यवहार:  इदानीन्तन: =This affair is of present times.

 

Unit-2

गत x आगामि

 

गत= anything  past or done

आगामि=  forth coming or  upcoming or  future

 

SOME EXAMPLES:

 

1.      गतदिने अहं वैद्यस्य समीपं गतवान् || आगामिदिने शस्त्रचिकित्सा भविष्यति || నిన్న

I went to the doctor yesterday. Operation will be held tomorrow.

2.      अहं गतमासेचेन्नै’ नगरे आसम् || आगामिमासे अहं ‘मुम्बै’ नगरं गमिष्यामि||   I was in Chennai last month. I will go to Mumbai next month.

3.      गतदिने वर्ष: अधिक: आसीत् || अत: आगामिदिनपर्यन्तं पाठशालाया: विराम: प्रकटित: ||

There was heavy rain yesterday. Therefore, it is announced to close the school till tomorrow.

4.      अहं गतदिने आगतवान् अत: आगामिदिनपर्यन्तं तत्र  स्थास्यामि ||

I came yesterday; therefore, I shall stay there till tomorrow.

 

 

Unit-3

यदातदा

यदा = whenever

तदा = then

 

SOME EXAMPLES:

 

1.              यदा अध्यापक: आगच्छति तदा परिक्षा भवति ||

When the teacher comes, then the examination takes place

2.              यदा मम मित्रम् आगमिष्यति तदा अहं चलनचित्रं द्रक्ष्यामि ||

Whenever my friend comes, I shall see the movie.

3.              यदा अध्यक्ष: आगतवान् तदा सभाया: प्रारम्भ: अभवत्

Whenever the president had arrived then the meeting commenced.

4.              यदा विपत्ति: संभवति तदा अप्रमत्ततया वर्तितव्यम्

Wherever there is adversity then one must behave cautiously.

 

Unit – 4

 

भूतकाल: (स्म) = used to

Normally, this स्म is used after verb when someone did some ting repeatedly in the past or existed or happened in the past.

 

SOME EXAMPLES:

 

1. अहं बाल्ये पाठशालां पद्भ्यां गच्छामि स्म ||

(In my child-hood I used to go to school on foot).

2.  मम पिता मां पाठयति स्म ||

(My father used to teach me).

3.      मम माता मां प्रेम्णा लालयति स्म ||

(My mother used to treat me with love and affection).

4.      अहं मम मित्रै: सह क्रीडामि स्म

(I used to play with my friends).

5.      मम भगिनी मां निन्दति स्म

(My sister used to chide me).

6.      मम अध्यापका:  पाठनस्य अनन्तरं मां ग्रन्थालयं प्रति प्रेषयन्ति स्म ||

(My teachers used to send me to library after teaching).

SANSKRIT SLOKA-14

 

राजवत् पञ्चवर्षाणि

दशवर्षाणि दासवत् |

प्राप्तॆ तु षोडशे वर्षे

पुत्रं मित्रवदाचरेत् ||

 

Children should be treated as kings with love anaqd affection till they are five year(s) old. They should be subjected to discipline, tendered with love, for ten years. After reaching the age of sixteen they should be treated as one's own friends.

<><,><><>

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: